In today’s technologically advanced world, the iPhone 13 Pro Max has become a real technological wonder with a wide range of cutting-edge features.
But even the most advanced devices can have problems from time to time. A touch screen that doesn’t work is a regular problem that users may run into.
In this article, we’ll look at possible reasons for this problem and suggest ways to restore your device to its normal functionality.
Why iPhone 13 Pro Max Touch Screen Not Working?
It’s because dust accumulates in the way of sensor reception. Another reason is that moisture, like from wet fingers, makes a film that interferes with touch sensitivity and could cause missed or delayed data responses. Removing dust and moisture is essential if you want your device’s touchscreen to work.
It is because of issues with the iPhone 13 Pro Max touch screen originating from 3D Touch and the sensitivity settings. Extremes in temperature, such as when it’s very hot or cold, can also have a negative impact on the touch screen’s response time. For the best device performance, these problems should be fixed as soon as possible.
External screen protectors may make the touch screen less sensitive. Accessories that are connected may cause problems. Physical damage can disrupt the touch sensors, and using unauthorized power adapters can cause electrical problems that affect the touch screen. Here are the reasons why your iPhone 13 pro max’s touch screen not working:
- Dust Or Debris On Your Screen
Over time, dust and other things can get on the screen of the iPhone 13 Pro Max.
- Moisture On Your Hands
If your fingers are wet, it can also make the touch screen less sensitive. When your fingers are wet or sweaty, the wetness can leave a film on the screen.
- 3D Touch Sensitivity Setting
If the 3D Touch settings aren’t set up how you like, it could change how the touch screen responds to your movements and touches.
- Touchscreen Sensitivity
In the settings, you can change how sensitive the touch screen is. If the sensitivity is set too low, you may have to press harder on the screen for it to respond.
- Major Temperature Changes
When it’s very cold, the screen may not respond as well to touches, and when it’s too hot, touches may not work as they should.
- External Screen Protector
Putting a screen cover on the outside of your iPhone 13 Pro Max could make the touch screen less responsive.
- Physical Damage
Physical damage to the iPhone, like a broken or cracked screen, can greatly affect how well the touch screen works. If the screen or other parts are broken, the touch sensors may not work.
How Do I Fix the iPhone 13 Pro Max Touch Screen Not Working Issue?
You can fix this problem by keeping your iPhone 13 Pro Max’s screen clean and ensuring your hands are dry. Both of these things are important for the touch screen to work well. If you clean the screen regularly and use your device with dry hands, dirt, and moisture won’t be able to cause problems.
Ensuring the sensitivity of your iPhone’s touch screen is set how you like and using it within the recommended temperature range can greatly improve its performance. You can have a reliable touchscreen experience by setting the sensitivity to what you want and keeping an eye on the temperature.
Fix it by ensuring the screen protector is put on correctly and there are no air bubbles. To avoid problems with compatibility, disconnect any third-party accessories, especially those that link via Bluetooth. If something is broken, you should either replace it or fix it, depending on which is best.
Always use an Apple-certified power charger to charge your device, and give it the right amount of power. If the problem continues, a hard restart can quickly solve software-related touchscreen problems. Following these steps can optimize touchscreen functionality. Here’s how you can fix iPhone 13 Pro Max touch screen not working issue:
Clean Up The iPhone Screen
Over time, dust and dirt can build up on the screen of an iPhone 13 Pro Max, making it hard to use the touch screen. These particles can make it hard for the touch sensors to read what your finger is doing, making the device useless. To fix this problem, gently wipe the screen clean with a microfiber cloth or screen cleaning product to get rid of any debris.
- Turn off your iPhone 13 Pro Max and gently wipe the screen with a soft microfiber cloth or tissue paper without lint.
- Try using a screen cleaning solution made for electronics for lines that won’t come off. Don’t use rough materials or too much force to keep the screen from getting damaged.
Use Dry Hands
If wet or sweaty, your fingers can leave a film on the screen. It makes the touch screen less sensitive. This film can make the sensitive touch sensors miss or take longer to respond to your touches because it gets in the way. Ensure your hands are dry when you use your iPhone so the touch screen works well.
- Make sure your hands are completely dry before you use your iPhone. Use a clean cloth or towel to dry your hands completely if wet or sweaty.
Adjust 3D Touch Sensitivity Setting
Different amounts of pressure on the screen cause the 3D Touch technology to do different things. If you don’t set up 3D Touch the way you want, it could change how the touch screen responds to your movements. Go to your device’s settings and change how sensitive 3D Touch is to how you want it to be.
- Open your iPhone’s “Settings” app. Scroll down and tap “Accessibility.” Look for “3D Touch” under “Touch” and tap on it.
- Change the “Haptic Touch” so that it works best for you. Try touching the screen to see if it works better.
Change Touchscreen Sensitivity
You can change how sensitive the touch screen is in the settings menu. If the sensitivity is too low, you may have to press harder on the screen to get it to react. On the other hand, if it’s set too high, the screen might pick up touches or moves you didn’t mean to make. Change the sensitivity levels to your liking to make the touch screen more responsive to your needs.
- Go to your iPhone’s “Settings” app. Scroll down and tap “Accessibility.” Look for “Touch Sensitivity” in “Touch” and tap on it.
- Off the “Touch Accommodations” that work best for you. Test the touch screen to ensure it works how you want it to.
Use iPhone At Optimal Temperature
Extreme temperature changes can make touch screens less sensitive. When it’s very cold, the screen may not respond as well to touches, and too much heat can also make it hard to use. Ensure you use your iPhone within the temperature range it recommends to avoid touchscreen problems caused by temperature.
- When using your iPhone, pay attention to how hot or cold it is. Don’t let your device get too hot or too cold. The best range for storing and using your iPhone is between -4°F and 113°F (-20°C and 45°C).
Install Latest iOS Update
Touchscreen problems can happen when the iOS operating system is outdated or has bugs. Apple often puts out updates that fix bugs and improve touch screens. Make sure your device is running the most recent version of iOS so you can take advantage of bug fixes and changes that can fix touchscreen problems.
- Open your iPhone’s “Settings” app. Scroll down and tap “General.” Tap “Software Update” to see if there are any changes you can get. Tap “Download and Install” to update your iOS if there is an update.
Remove The External Screen Protector
If you put an external screen cover on your iPhone 13 Pro Max and it wasn’t put on right, or if it has air bubbles, it could make the touch screen less sensitive. Make sure the screen cover is properly aligned and stuck to the screen to keep it from being less responsive to touches.
- Carefully remove the screen cover from the outside of your iPhone. If you need to, reapply the protection and line it up with the edges of the screen.
Disconnect All Accessories
When headphones or wireless earbuds from a third party are connected to your iPhone via Bluetooth, the touch screen may not work right. Devices that don’t work or compatibility issues could be the root of these issues. Unplug all devices and test the touch screen to find and fix any possible problems.
- Turn on the iPhone. To set up Bluetooth on your iPhone, go to the “Settings” app. Scroll down to the bottom and tap “Bluetooth.”
- In the “My Devices” area, you can see a list of all your connected Bluetooth devices. Tap “Disconnect” or “Forget This Device” on your iPhone to remove the Bluetooth device.
Find And Solve Physical Damage
Physical damage to your iPhone, like a broken or cracked screen, can make it hard to use the touch screen. If the screen or its parts underneath get broken, the touch sensors might stop working or act strangely. You should hire a skilled repair service to fix the problem if there is physical damage.
- Check the screen and body of your iPhone for actual damage, like cracks and dents.
Use A Certified Power Adapter
How you charge your iPhone can also affect how well the touch screen works. If you use a broken or illegal charger, the whole device, including the touch screen, could have electrical problems. Make sure you charge your iPhone with an Apple-approved power charger.
- Identify how much power your iPhone 13 Pro Max needs. Most of the time, follow the instructions on Apple’s website.
- Get a power adapter with the same amount of wattage your device requires. Utilizing the proper cable, attach the power adapter to a power outlet.
Force Restart iPhone
Doing a “force restart” on your iPhone can help fix touchscreen problems caused by temporary software problems. It can update the software on the device without affecting its information. You can learn to “force restart” in your iPhone’s user guide or online resources specific to your model.
- Press the power button, which, based on the model of your iPhone, is on the right side or top. Now, take the slider to the “Power Off” button to turn off your iPhone.
- After some time, press the power button again until the Apple logo shows. It will restart your iPhone.
Dust and moisture accumulating on a screen can make it much harder to touch. These issues can be fixed by cleaning the screen often and ensuring your hands are dry when using the device. The 3D Touch and device sensitivity settings are crucial to how the touchscreen works.
Extreme temperature changes can also make touch screens less sensitive. It’s important to update your iOS because Apple regularly releases updates that fix errors and improve how touch screens work. Doing a “force restart” can frequently and quickly fix software-related touchscreen issues.
Install screen protectors properly, remove any devices that don’t work, and fix any physical damage immediately. Always use certified power adapters, and if you have a temporary software problem, try a force restart. Regular maintenance, following best practices, and using the iPhone properly can fix the touchscreen and improve the overall user experience.
Hey, I’m Hammad. I write for this website mainly about iPhones and Android phones. I will provide detailed guides with images, and explain step by step so you can understand the process. Also, I’m writer for integraudio.com where I have written over 100 articles and CPUGPUnerds.com with over 350 articles.